BL touch issues

Home Forums bigtree-tech BL touch issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hydrolicus
    Participant

I have the SKR v2, and a bltouch v3.1, original problem was the bltouch not triggering the stop command when z homming, smashing the hot end into the bed. I was able to fix this by downloading the latest build for marlin and moving the white/black wires to the z-stop. She now homes just fine. New problem, bed leveling, the initial homing for the center node works just fine. The first check after that the z motor raises instead of lowering. Is this caused by a polarity issue even though the intial z home worked?

RegularJoe
    Participant

You still have to put in your Z offset I’m thinking, which the BTT firmware seems to not want you to be able to do in the correct manner. Not being able to use the stepper motors to go into negative Z is a real problem. I’m currently just sitting here dialing a little in at a time looking for good adhesion on a test print.

I’ll wager you’re still set at the BL Touch firmware’s default -1.85, which is waaaay off for where my nozzle is. It’s strange because at this point in my trial and error I’m finding the Z offset is different than it was when I had the OEM Creality 1.1.4 board installed. Not sure how that’s possible.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.